I would like to be able to ...

Set access permissions on the entire collection / multiple folders

TankerPuke 1 Feb 09 in posting
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=3c877fcb4bc2b240&hl=en&fid=3c877fcb4bc2b24000047022ce66eb12

I'll chime in wishing there was a way to share the ENTIRE WEB ALBUM, not just particular albums.

For example, I would love it if my parents and siblings could just log in and have access to all of my photos without me having to send an invite every time I get home from a cool photo experience.

----------------------------------------
admin added:-
also to be able to set multiple folders at once !

926 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PWA Wish List AdminAdminPWA Wish List Admin (Admin, picasa web wish list) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mat BrettMat Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that we have to request this basic and obvious feature is disgracefully poor.

• Taryn SozaTaryn Soza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a share all feature or a way to select multiple albums. I'm using this program for work and everyone in the dept needs to be able to access these albums. There are going to be hundreds of albums. I shouldn't have to go to each one to share. Please add this feature!!!

• Jan De DyckerJan De Dycker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Took my server a couple of days to upload the 40GB to the picasa webalbums, after paying for the 80GB extra web space.

Now I come to the conclusion there is no easy way to share all my pictures with my wife :/. Not impressed at all!

• Jessica JonesJessica Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to be able to send links to multiple albums in one email. At work, we run several week-long conferences, and I have albums by each day of each conference. I'd like to be able to send the links to each day to the conference participants, without having to send five emails!

• Bonnie CohenBonnie Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on a team at work who manages all web development and content. We are starting to use Picasa for our public galleries and it sure would be nice to be able to have a main Picasa account that can be delegated to our individual Google accounts. Having the share the same login is an insufficient solution.

• Mark GlazierMark Glazier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - allowing the creation of a 'Group' who can have access to the root would be Fab!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another vote. It's a real bummer to buy cloud space, run computer for 2 weeks uploading photos, only to learn that there's no mechanism to quickly share large subsets or the entire album, short of giving out my gmail password. It would be nice to see a response from Google on this.

• Corporate UKCorporate UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had my computer running 24/7 for three days to upload 1,200 Folders only to realise that I cannot Bulk Share my 56,000+ images, with the family. Please add me to the list

• KellyKelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Required functionality for me to keep using this. Our family photos need to be co-managed by my wife and I so we BOTH need access to our family photos.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing permissions on multiple folders is a basic feature that should have been implimented a long time ago, and would be a welcome addition now!

Utilizing the cloud should provide as close to an experience one would have if they were doing the same thing at their local PC. Changing permissions on my PC is a simple process for multiple folders.

• Mary Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature so that I can collaborate all photos with my husband.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base