I would like to be able to ...

set the default speed for album slideshows

set the default speed for album slideshows as a global setting, which can then be overridden on a per album basis.

I want to send people a link to my web album (not embed the slideshow), and I need the default slideshow setting to be that the viewer advances the show manually. The current default is three seconds, which is way, way too fast. The best I can do is tell people to hit pause, but that's inferior because although people are willing to manually advance they are less willing to have to pause every slide.

idea from vinciata in thread http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=0d02511e983a715f&hl=en

649 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PWA Wish List AdminAdminPWA Wish List Admin (Admin, picasa web wish list) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    pamelacmoonpamelacmoon shared a merged idea: slow down the web slide show  ·   · 

118 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Photo BugPhoto Bug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please.... this is VERY IMPORTANT... perhaps you can offer a choice of three display dwell-time choices;
        -- 3 seconds (fast)
        -- 5 seconds (medium)
        -- 8 seconds (slow)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, dum that such a creative program has to assume that people can zoom through a slideshow at the speed of light! Well, Einstein would turn in his graves if it works. Can you please create one for ordinary folks like us who want to advance at the speed of tortoise if we need to? This is an age of choice you know!
        Paul Mil

• Jeffree WhiteJeffree White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW TO DO IT:

insert interval=[seconds] into the flashvars:

... width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&hl=ru&feat=flashalbum&interval=4;RGB=0x000000 ...

• lescougarlescougar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here here!! I totally agree. They're wayyy too fast. C'mon, picassa... at least give us an option to toggle the speed.

• Alireza SAlireza S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of my client ALWAYS complaining that the 3 second interval is WAY TOO QUICK.

PLEASE, allow change the TOO SHORT 3 second default

Thank you

People I share my Picasa web albums with are ALWAYS complaining that the 3 second interval is WAY TOO QUICK for them to really enjoy the images. PLEASE, allow us to change the TOO SHORT 3 second default interval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, does anybody with real power to cause this change ever read these comments?????????????????

• AntonAnton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Piece of code you need.

Interval works perfectly.

... width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&hl=ru&feat=flashalbum&interval=4;RGB=0x000000 ...

The answer I am looking for is how to Shuffle the photos?
        Any ideas?

ME TOO! Need to be able to set the default speed for album slideshows....is anyone listening???? 10/25/2012

I need to do a slide show to go with a lecture, so need to be able to see the images full screen and advance them as the lecture progresses - there may be a gap of 5 minutes between slides of just a few seconds, so I need to do it manually

I thougt I find easy solution to timing. Unfortunately not. :-( Please allow change, 3 sec is really to fast for my purpose.
        I want to be able to email link which opens slideshow with the timing I specify...

• Jonathan BrauerJonathan Brauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally I'd like to make it so it essentially is a powerpoint presentation where I can talk through the pictures and videos controlling the picture transitions myself as I present.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes fix this, we want and need to be able to control the speed of our slide shows. captions are useless without this functionality.

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE FIX!!! Want to create professional looking website - but is ridiculous!! Please - at least alter to 5 seconds!!! Or give us the options.

• WijnandWijnand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forget it. Nobody is listening. Look at the date, this started in September 2009...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base