Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminPWA Wish List Admin (Admin, picasa web wish list) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPWA Wish List Admin (Admin, picasa web wish list) responded  · 

Google analytics is now available, click here for more details:- http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=173259

As the Google analytics for picasa suggestion is now complete and the original suggestion included “see a list of who visited my albums”, I have created a new suggestion that has that part of the idea. Please vote for:-

http://picasawebwishlist.uservoice.com/forums/25642-picasa-web-albums/suggestions/1341999-track-who-has-viewed-my-photos-not-google-analyt

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Irked commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am annoyed by my photos being posted and used without my permission, and would find a way to find who accessed them and when quite informative information.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see who has viewed my albums and when, how many times, etc.

• Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great feature to have and a master stroke for Picasa!
        People like to know who has viewed their albums and how many times...

• Alex Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is closed... But Google analytics does NOT let me know who has viewed my photos. There is a feature "Share History" in KodakGallery I took for granted and I can not find this in Picasa Web. I like Picasa, but I miss this Kodak Gallery feature.

• tg4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems pretty basic to be able to do this: a simple drop down menu that shows whom among your friends, associates, or enemies, you have already invited. Apparently all you can do is see who has visited, and that requires "photo tracking" to be in place.

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

I did open Google Analytics tracking account for my Picasa Web Gallery on 6th of August, but I do not see any data in my reports; I see only number 0 visits etc. I don’t use filter settings, I have only one account, don’t use Urchin software, don’t use Outdated Version of ga.js, JavaScript enabled, using latest Flash plugin, using Latest Google Chrome, Web Album settings photo tracking enabled, also did enter right Google Analytics account number to the “Google Analytics tracking code” box and did save changes, didn’t change gallery URL.

Where is problem?

Regards,
        Henry

• Eduardo Segura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, not working for me either, seeing same behavior as Lou:

Web Property ID [?] : UA-12345678-1
        Tracking Status: warning Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: Aug 7, 2010 12:49:39 PM )
        The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Looking at the code, I see this
        (note how the analytics id's prefix has been changed from 'UA' to 'YT'. Maybe that is what is breaking it?):

<script type="text/javascript">
        var _gaq = _gaq || [];
        _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'YT-12345678-1']);
        _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
        </script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        (function() {
        var ga = document.createElement('script');
        ga.type = 'text/javascript';
        ga.async = true;
        ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl'; : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
        (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(ga);
        })();
        </script>

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a working analytics account, and have linked it to my picasa webpages. However analytics is not picking up the link to picasa. Here is the error message. How do I fix this?

Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: Aug 4, 2010 6:59:45 PM )
        The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

• bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see a need for google to let us see our viewers..I thought that the Google ANALYTICS WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK

• This is a required feature that need to be added commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a very important feature that need to added to picasa to give it a wow factor. If the album is public and the owners wants to know who accessed it, there is no way right now, I have felt a need for it so many times. Please add this feature. Thanks

• Arash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definetly need the feature to see who has visited the album from where. What a great feature to be added as part of the google analytics. Pleaaase ad it :-)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base