I would like to be able to ...

Exclude owner from view counter

The general view in this thread http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Picasa/thread?tid=5d432035b748d388&hl=en is that the view counter should ignore views by the album owner.

449 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PWA Wish List AdminAdminPWA Wish List Admin (Admin, picasa web wish list) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mgjbmgjb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get a counter at all so Google better fix that one first. This is already going on since about half a year. Recently I read some crap by Google that they start to show views >250. Well, it does not work on my albums, I have several photographs that have counts way in excess of 250 but nothing shows.
        Google appears to be working on it. They better start working faster or just roll back what we had!

• sunfishsunfish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all comments before - Picasa / Google, whoever you are, wake up! We the users would like a counter that does not count our own visits. The way it is at present, it's useless. I would like to see an option to set the counter to zero. Better, exclude all visit by the owner.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if we can exclude our view in Google Analytics then I think Google should make it possible to exclude our view on Picasa as well. Please Bring this change Google.

• KhanhKhanh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. It looks like this has been a request from users for a long time. It's too bad Google has not updated the view counter. It is not useful if it does not count the number of views from people other than myself.

• Samuel SilverSamuel Silver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I find it annoying that it counts the owner of the album. That gives no usable data. I would love to see that metric dropped, or at least give a little check mark that gives people the option to remove owner views.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, this is frustrating - I have no idea how many times it actually has been viewed! especially since I can't recognize my own visits due to the slow updates!

• ChrissyChrissy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I don't want how many times I looked at my pictures noted, or which ones I look at the most.

• seansean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should not count owner's view! In eBay sell page, it dosn't count view of seller. Why it's so hard for google to fix this bug in such a long time?
        The counter updated too slow is another problem. The view count updated on eBay sell page very quick.

• dandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care how many time i see the photo. I want to real views from distinct IP addresses.

• CWCW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

View counter should show unique ( at least by IP address) visits by other than the logged in owner.

• NNN206NNN206 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to hide the view counts on my albums!! Or at the very least don't count my views!

• maramara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

some privacy would also be nice. i want this feature gone entirely. leave something to the imagination!

• leilei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

including the owner's view to his/ her own photos is useless... they should just exclude it...

• MalenaMalena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to know how many times I've viewed the photo, just visitors...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base